Parent Update for the coming week –
- On Monday Aug. 31, all students will be screened for vision. If your child does not pass, you will receive a notice sent home with your student from Nurse Gerard.
- Operation School Bell is available for students in need of new school clothing and a winter jacket. This is a resource through the Assistance League of Salt Lake. Contact Shelley McCall if you would like to be put on the list – email@example.com / 801 598-4568
- Fresh fruit and vegetables program begins on Tues. Sept 1. Every Tues. and Thurs fresh snacks are delivered to classrooms with descriptions and introduction of foods that may be unfamiliar.
- There is no in-person and online school on Monday Sept. 7 Labor Day.
What a great first week back!
Students learned and followed new protocols quickly!
Parents wore masks when on school grounds, respected social distancing and sent kids to school with masks – THANK YOU!.
- Please do a symptom check each morning.
- All students at EME get free breakfast and lunch.
- Backpacks are available if your student needs one.
- Dismissal Mon-Thurs is 2:45 pm for students who walk or get picked up by parents. Bus students dismiss at 2:55 pm.
- Dismissal Friday is 1:10 pm for students who walk or get picked up by parents. Bus students dismiss at 1:15 pm
Each morning at East Midvale
- 8:00-8:10 am students arrive and line up in back of school.
- 8:17 am Teachers bring students into classrooms.
- 8:20 am School begins.
- Dismissal from school for students walking home or being picked up is 2:45 pm Mon. through Thurs. On Friday dismissal is 1:10 pm.
** Pandemic-EBT – must apply by Monday Aug. 31 TOMORROW!! – to receive $308 per child at East Midvale Elementary in the spring during soft closure.