THANK YOU for attending parent teacher conferences!
MOBILE FOOD PANTRY – Tuesday March 2. Please plan to pick up your child or meet them at the bus stop to help carry food.
READ ACROSS AMERICA WEEK March 1-4, 2021 and PTA Spirit Week
- Mon March 1 – Wear yellow SOAR t-shirt & RAAD Readers
- Tues. March 2 – Wear mismatched clothes & Mystery Readers
- Wed. March 3 – Okay to wear a hat today & Storywalk
- Thurs March 4 – Wear Pajamas & virtual guest readers
- Fri March 5 – PTA Pastries with Parents!
- Drive through with your students from 8:30-10:30 am.
- Donuts and milk will be distributed. Park and read.
KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION 2021-22:
- Do you have a child who will be 5 years old by Sept. 1, 2021?
- Register using these links:
- Or call the front office 801-826-8350 to register your child!
- If you register your student by April 16, there will be a fun learning packet available for your student to pick up!
PRESCHOOL (either Morning or Afternoon) is an option if:
- Your child be 4 years old by Sept 1, 2021
- You live in the boundaries of East Midvale Elementary
- You can provide transportation
- Applications begin March 1 for Fall 2021 –https://www.canyonsdistrict.org/depts/early-childhood/title-i/
2nd Step Social Emotional Learning Tip of the Week
This week students continue learning skills to manage emotions like anger, disappointment, and anxiety.
Mindfulness is a great way to manage these emotions. Here is a helpful video to watch to do with your kids. https://youtu.be/r1C8hwj5LXw
Continue practicing calm down strategies with your children.
Remind them to: Stop, name the feeling, and use a calm down strategy.
Calm down strategies include:
- Belly Breathing
- Positive self talk
- Guided meditation
Praise their attempts to manage emotions and their successes.