FUN FACTS about Greenland!
- The name Greenland means “land of people”.
- Almost 80% of the land mass is covered by an ice cap and glaciers.
- 17,000 of the 56,000 residents of Greenland live in the capital Nuuk.
- The Greenland Ice sheet is estimated to be between 400,000 and 600,000 years old.
- Hot springs with temperatures between 98-100 degrees Fahrenheit are big tourist attractions in Greenland!
MORE FUN FACTS about ICELAND
- Many Icelanders believe in Elves and Trolls!
- It has one of the oldest democracies in the world.
- The unique Icelandic language has over 100 words for the “wind”!
- Icelanders LOVE ice cream!
- It’s cool to swim outside in the winter!
- Iceland was the last place on earth settled by humans.
- Over 60% of the population of Iceland live in the capital city of Reykjavik.