PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES are finally here! We are excited to talk with you about your students. Teachers will reach out either by phone or virtually through a Google Meet on Wednesday or Thursday at your appointed time.
EARLY RELEASE 1:15 pm on Thursday Feb. 25.
No preschool on Thurs. Feb. 25
NO SCHOOL Friday Feb. 26.
MOBILE FOOD PANTRY – Tuesday March 2. Please plan to pick up your child or meet them at the bus stop to help carry food.
READ ACROSS AMERICA WEEK March 1-4, 2021 – East Midvale will celebrate with a story walk, RAAD readers, guest readers and mystery readers.
- Mon March 1 – Wear yellow SOAR t-shirt
- Tues. March 2 – Mismatch Day!
- Wed. March 3 – Hat Day!
- Thurs March 4 – Pajama Day!
- Fri March 5 – PTA Pastries with Parents!
- Drive through with your students from 8:30-10:30 am.
- Donuts will be distributed. Park and read.
CANYONS FAMILY CENTER classes! Classes for students on anger management and anxiety management and classes for parents on positive parenting, helping children through a divorce and ADHD. Visit this website to see classes, times and to sign up Canyons Family Center Classes
TIME TO PLAN FOR KINDERGARTEN 2021-22:
- Do you have a child who will be 5 years old by Sept. 1, 2021?
- Register using these links:
- Or call the front office 801-826-8350 to register your child!
PRESCHOOL REGISTRATION (either Morning or Afternoon) is an option if:
- Your child be 4 years old by Sept 1, 2021
- You live in the boundaries of East Midvale Elementary
- You can provide transportation
- Applications open March 1 for Fall 2021 – https://www.canyonsdistrict.org/depts/early-childhood/title-i/
2nd Step Social Emotional Learning Tip of the Week
Continue building your child’s self management skills by encouraging them to practice emotional regulation!
- When you notice your child having big emotions, remind them to: Stop, name the feeling and use a calm down strategy.
- Calm down strategies include:
- Belly breathing
- Positive self talk
- Praise their attempts to manage emotions and their successes!