The EME community sat on the edge of their seats this morning watching via Zoom as our classroom spelling winners competed to move on to the Scripps Regional Bee. 4th grader Champ came in First and is the overall 2021 Scripps Spelling Bee winner! 3rd grader Jackson came in 2nd place and will join Champ at the regional spelling bee on March 20. Henry in 3rd grade came in 3rd place. Congratulations to all the classroom winners and best wishes to our champs!
PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES are finally here! We are excited to talk with you about your students. Teachers will reach out either by phone or virtually through a Google Meet on Wednesday or Thursday at your appointed time.
EARLY RELEASE 1:15 pm on Thursday Feb. 25.
No preschool on Thurs. Feb. 25
NO SCHOOL Friday Feb. 26.
MOBILE FOOD PANTRY – Tuesday March 2. Please plan to pick up your child or meet them at the bus stop to help carry food.
READ ACROSS AMERICA WEEK March 1-4, 2021 – East Midvale will celebrate with a story walk, RAAD readers, guest readers and mystery readers.
- Mon March 1 – Wear yellow SOAR t-shirt
- Tues. March 2 – Mismatch Day!
- Wed. March 3 – Hat Day!
- Thurs March 4 – Pajama Day!
- Fri March 5 – PTA Pastries with Parents!
- Drive through with your students from 8:30-10:30 am.
- Donuts will be distributed. Park and read.
CANYONS FAMILY CENTER classes! Classes for students on anger management and anxiety management and classes for parents on positive parenting, helping children through a divorce and ADHD. Visit this website to see classes, times and to sign up Canyons Family Center Classes
TIME TO PLAN FOR KINDERGARTEN 2021-22:
- Do you have a child who will be 5 years old by Sept. 1, 2021?
- Register using these links:
- Or call the front office 801-826-8350 to register your child!
PRESCHOOL REGISTRATION (either Morning or Afternoon) is an option if:
- Your child be 4 years old by Sept 1, 2021
- You live in the boundaries of East Midvale Elementary
- You can provide transportation
- Applications open March 1 for Fall 2021 – https://www.canyonsdistrict.org/depts/early-childhood/title-i/
2nd Step Social Emotional Learning Tip of the Week
Continue building your child’s self management skills by encouraging them to practice emotional regulation!
- When you notice your child having big emotions, remind them to: Stop, name the feeling and use a calm down strategy.
- Calm down strategies include:
- Belly breathing
- Positive self talk
- Praise their attempts to manage emotions and their successes!