Fun Facts about New Zealand
- New Zealand is the first country to see the sunrise!
- New Zealand was the first country to give women the right to vote in 1893.
- New Zealand is home to the largest insect in the world, which has ears on its knees, loves carrots and weighs in at 70g.
- New Zealand is a country in the Southern hemisphere and belongs to Oceania. New Zealand consists of two main islands: the North Island and the South Island separated by the Cooke Inlet.
- New Zealand lies on the Ring of Fire and there are numerous volcanos on North Island.
- There are LOTS of sheep in New Zealand – estimated that 9 sheep per 1 person!