LIVING TRADITIONS – Thank you to all those who attended our family night. Check out our website post for pictures and videos. Also see posts on our EME instagram @eastmidvale.
POSITIVE PARENTING CLASS – Happening on Mondays from 12-12:45 pm in our Family Learning Center portable. Valerie Payne, our school social worker, leads the class with weekly topics on how to parent positively.
FREE GROCERIES from the UTAH FOOD BANK: On Tuesday February 6, the Utah Food Bank will be distributing a bag of free groceries to students and families. The bags are heavy (20 pounds) and if you are able to either pick up your student at school or at the bus stop to help carry, that would be helpful. Parents can meet their students as they exit the gym on the north side of the school.
STUDENT SAFETY at Drop Off and Pick Up: Thank you parents for driving slowly, using the one lane at the curb both morning and afternoon, for using north and south crosswalks to cross, and for pulling as far forward as you can. Our top priority is student safety and these procedures help our community be safe for all. Consider at afternoon pick up being IDLE FREE and turning off your engines while you wait.
MISS MIDVALE is in our very own East Midvale community! Miss Meera Birima works in our Special Ed classes and was crowned Miss Midvale this past year.. She recently received 2nd runner up in the Miss Utah state competition and was awarded Miss Congeniality. She will be our special guest judge for the Scripps Spelling Bee!
DATES TO NOTE:
- Wed. Feb. 14 – All Pro Dads at 7:40 am
- Fri. Feb. 16 – Scripps Spelling Bee sponsored by PTA
- Mon. Feb. 19 – President’s Day – no school
- Feb. 28-29 – Parent Teacher Conferences
- Feb. 28-29 – Scholastic Book Fair hosted by PTA
- Feb. 28 – Parents and Pastries 7:40 am – hosted by PTA
- Fri. March 1 – No school
DENTAL UPCOMING COMMUNITY RESOURCES
- FORTIS COLLEGE GIVE KIDS A SMILE! Thursday February 8, 2024 from 8:00-5:00 pm. Appointment required. Call 801-713-4200. Children aged 1-17 will receive free dental screening, cleaning, fluoride treatment and sealants if needed. Dental Hygiene Clinic is at 3949 S. 700 E. 2nd floor, SLC
- ROSEMAN DENTAL GIVE KIDS A SMILE! Friday February 16, 2024 from 9:00-4:00 pm. Hosted by Roseman Dental this is an opportunity for children aged 18 and younger to receive a free dental screening and cleaning and a $100 voucher towards an exam and restorative care. Free event for families at 10894 S. River Front Parkway, South Jordan, UT 84095
PRESCHOOL APPLICATIONS for 24-25 at EAST MIDVALE ELEMENTARY AVAILABLE MARCH 1– Families can apply for East Midvale’s Title I preschool for the 2024-2025 school year if their child will be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2024 and family lives within our school boundaries. Parents provide transportation for preschool students in both morning and afternoon sessions. Application is available online or at the East Midvale Front Office Title I Preschool Application. Questions can be directed to Ms. Jeanene Moore, our preschool teacher at email@example.com
FREE WIFI INTERNET – Canyons District continues to provide free internet for families through Comcast Internet Essentials. To enroll, reply to this post or call Mrs. McCall at East Midvale at 801 826 8406. Ask for a Comcast Code. Then call Comcast at 1-844-963 0178 with the code.