Congratulations! We made it through the first week of school! Students are getting acquainted with teachers, beginning new curriculum, learning routines, renewing and making friendships and our faculty and staff are so glad to see all our students and families back!
School is in session on Fridays with dismissal at 1:10 pm.
PTA CARNIVAL is Friday Aug. 27 from 5:00-8:00 pm! Purchase wristbands for rides and food $10, just rides $8. $3 meal deal includes hotdog, chips and drink. Proceeds go to our East Midvale PTA!
Labor Day Holiday Monday Sept 6- No School.
Mobile Food Pantry – Tuesday Sept. 7 at 2:45 pm. If you would like your student to receive a bag of food (one bag per family), sign up on the Parent Square sign up form. You may also call the front office 801 826 8350 to add your student to the list.
2nd Step Social Emotional Learning Tip of the Week
Students have begun the school year learning to be good listeners. Here are the tips being taught so you can practice at home!
Kinder and 1st graders – do these actions as reminders to be a good listeners
- Eyes watching the speaker: Point to the corners of your eyes.
- Ears listening to the speaker: Cup your ears with your hands.
- Voice quiet: Put your finger to your lips.
- Body still: Hug your torso with both arms.
For 2nd through 5th graders, use this language to practice good listening skills:
- Pay attention and listen to the speaker
- Be kind and polite as a listener
- Raise your hand if you have a question
- Take turns